Now this is not a sponsored review, but my friend and I had such a great time at our Airbnb in Topanga Canyon that I had to do a post about it. I had never heard of Topanga Canyon before–I thought Topanga was just a character on Boy Meets World. Top of the Hill Acres is just a 30-45 minute drive from Los Angeles. Secluded enough for a one night getaway with a friend or significant other.
We had the pleasure of stay at a wonderful and unique space that really defines what an Airbnb should be. We came across this listing while searching for a place to stay in Los Angeles. We were able to book a night here easily and the owner, Lydia, promptly accepted our request. My friend and I arrived earlier than expected due to our early flight and Lydia was not quite ready for us. Fortunately, she welcomed us in to her space anyway and was able to get us set up very quickly. We appreciated the extra effort and were blown away by the space she and her husband created.
For Top of the Hill Acre, you are allotted two private trailers for your own use. The first being the bedroom and the other being a kitchen area fully equipped with sink, toaster oven, and refrigerator. There is a gorgeous patio area that overlooks a side of the canyon and includes a fire pit, plenty of cozy seating area, and a barbecue grill. For your wi-fi needs, there is a shared space called the moon room. Toiletry includes a bathroom with outdoor shower. Every “room” feels like walking straight into a Urban Outfitters catalog. The bohemian vibes here calls for a tranquil and calming personality. It’s “glamping” at it’s finest. I wouldn’t call it luxurious, but definitely an adventure!
Some tips if you plan on staying here:
- One of Lydia’s adorable dogs hangs out and sleeps in the area you will be at. He is sooo friendly and loves getting pet!
- It is all the way up in the mountains, so be mindful of what kind of car you bring here. The terrain is a bit rough driving into the property.
- Ask Lydia if it’s okay to bring a Duraflame log during your stay so you can have a warm fire pit to cozy up to.
- We were able to access the wi-fi even from the patio area and sometimes from our bedroom trailer.
- The bedroom trailer doors do not close completely.
- Explore Topanga and visit Hidden Treasures, a quirky vintage and antiques store.
- Bring food to prepare and eat onsite. It can be a drag to keep going back and forth to a restaurant.
Comment below if you book a stay here and let me know how your experience was!